Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

So I thought I'd be at least halfway through with my novel by this point . . . ha! What was I thinking? I've restarted that thing three times, halted the writing because I realized what I didn't know, so I hit the books again, and I've changed the age of the main character with every rewrite (it seems I always wrote her in an older voice than what she was on the page). Everything is a-go now, but I'm only on chapter 13.

And oh, yeah. . . there was a little thing called a wedding that my husband and I gave for our daughter.

But, back to now. And my former expectations. Like I said -- what was I thinking, halfway through by December? That would be something around chapter 22.

So, as for my New Year's Resolution, it would be to get back to my former rigorous discipline of getting up at 4 a.m. and writing for an hour daily. And because I know myself and my revisionist ways, I'm not making a commitment to finish the novel by any particular month.

But May is always a great month for finishing things, isn't it?

No comments: