Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Chair-itable Cause

Click on the link on the left (article from Austin American Statesman) to read about how my sister-in-law is raising funds for hospital chairs that will not only accommodate sitting beside family members during the day but will accomplish the purpose of spending the night beside loved ones: they're special pull-out chairs. If you've ever had anyone you've loved in the hospital, you know what a drain it is, physically and emotionally. I'm very proud!

4 comments:

The Loud Librarian said...

What a great thing to do! I can personally relate to what your sister went through. Dennis, my husband, has undergone two back surgeries. After each, I felt like I needed back surgery from hunching over in a hard, plastic chair. I love how you linked the article. I have not linked anything yet. I may need to find out how!

makingtheworldpretty said...

What an excellent idea! There's been times when I've waited with family members in a hospital and didn't even have a chair to sit in.

mmw said...

I'm not seeing the link. Did it go away?

Teresa said...

Uh-oh! The link didn't go away, but I did rearrange my blog layout! Now the link is to the left! Sorry about that! Try it again. The article is still accessible.