Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Thing #22 Animoto




That was cool! Almost like being a movie director or something. (Okay, not quite. Let me dream big.) However, like other online tools, I do wish Animoto had come with a few more instructions before I had begun. For instance, I uploaded a lot more photos than I needed to before I noticed the note in red on the right sidebar warning me that some of my photos might be dropped because I had more than 15. Unless, that is, I wanted to go ahead and make a full video. (Are you kidding?) So I started deleting. And now that I've viewed it (or in director-ese, "now that I've screened my film"), I will go back and rearrange pictures so that my daughter and her fiance will be the first and last on the "reel", so to speak. However, you can remix the whole thing instantly while saving the original and have a whole new video short. That's cool.

As for the music selection, shall I say slim pickin's? ! That's definitely an area that could use some broadening. But overall, it was a fun experience, one I will definitely return for!

1 comment:

blondie said...

It is really easy to download your own music to your video if you have it saved on your computer. We have a lot itunes that we have purchased. It is definately more fun if you can choose your own song.